NTX Series Service and Operation
This 5–day course provides instruction on each of the primary models of the NTX series Substation Controllers. Communication protocols are covered, as well as SCADA interfaces. Thorough overviews of the NTX-20, NTX-200, NTX-220, NTX-240 and NTX-260 installation and troubleshooting are included. All aspects of NTX configuration are covered, including local I/O and IED point mapping and set-up.
Review of the NTX series user manuals. Familiarity with communications pertaining to SCADA is helpful, but not required.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is required to install/maintain NTX Substation Controllers. Those responsible for building or maintaining the real–time SCADA database will also find this course beneficial.
- Review NTX units step–by–step, from basic functionality and configuration through advanced troubleshooting, including drawing packages for each.
- Learn–by–doing in a controlled environment, without the fear of making expensive or dangerous mistakes.
- Get insight into real–world situations and solutions with the extensive hands–on exercises.
- Learn step–by–step confi guration methods using classroom Windows 7 PCs, or using your own laptop PC.
- Learn diagnostic monitoring.
- Configure and test NTX units for use with IEDs.
- Explore communications over Ethernet, serial RS–232 and RS–485.
- Understand binary, analog, counter, and control functions.