Utilities continue to face the dilemma of how to handle their legacy Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) infrastructure. Drivers for needing to address this challenge may include product obsolescence, lack of vendor support, cybersecurity concerns, elimination of proprietary protocols, and/or reliability concerns. Utilities may see their only option is to completely replace their legacy RTU infrastructure which is a very costly and time-consuming endeavor.
Minsait ACS provides ways to upgrade to modern microprocessor-based solutions while leaving some of the existing infrastructure like the local I/O terminations and original field I/O wiring in place. This introduces tremendous cost savings to the customer and expedites the timeline to modernize the substation.
This webinar will discuss specifically the solution for upgrading Westronics/Harris/GE D200/20s and address these key points:
• Upgrade existing peripherals without disturbing existing field wiring
• Minsait ACS can provide new terminal modules for expansion, replacement, or new applications
• How to change the communication protocol from the proprietary GE D.20 link to industry standard DNP/IP
• Overview of the NTX U20 peripheral architecture, utilizing either copper or fiber Ethernet
• Provide a 1ms time stamp is to each Digital Input point
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 3:30 pm ET